The Red Sea Cyclists challenges all of KAUST to join a month long commuting by bike and tracking your progress. We want to encourage you to leave your car at home and use the bike for the next month. This will:
- Save time – Cycling is one of the quickest ways around campus, and you don’t have to worry about finding a parking space
- Improve health – Cycling is a light exercise with benefits for physical and mental health, fitness, and quality of life
- Be green – Cycling reduces CO2 emissions compared to commuting by car
- Save money – Cycling to work will reduce your fuel costs
Register today to participate and get access to our specially designed challenge portal.
The project runs from March 15 to April 12 and registration opens today. Please register to log your daily cycled kilometers and track your progess here.
- No app – You manually log your own distances at the end of the day/week
- No tracking – No GPS required, this is just for your own progress and to serve a community goal of more sustainable transportation
- Data – The data will be used to compare the cycling in KAUST to that of other places, showcasing the CO2 savings and calories burned.
Let’s see how many times we can cycle around the world together.
If you have any specific questions, please reach out directly to the organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
This is a joint collaboration between Community Life, Red Sea Cyclists community club, Spokes Hub, Health and Safety, KAUST Sustainability and Health, Safety and Environment.