Discovery Cinema brings you a great mix of movies each month. The Discovery Community Theatre offers community events and activities, and can also be hired for private functions.
Welcome to the Movies!
Grab your popcorn, sit back and relax… the movies have come to KAUST. Showing the latest Hollywood, Bollywood and Arabic Movies, Discovery Cinema is a state-of-the-art, Dolby surround sound multimedia venue with seating for 60.
Feature Films of the Week
House of Gucci (R) January 24 - 29
|25 January||TUE|| 2:20 PM|
|26 January||WED||12:00 PM | 7:50 PM|
|28 January||FRI|| 2:20 PM|
|29 January||SAT|| 2:20 PM | 7:50 PM|
Encanto (PG) January 24-29
|24 January||MON||12:00 PM | 5:30 PM|
|26 January||WED|| 3:10 PM | 5:30 PM|
|27 January||THU || 3:10 PM|
|28 January||FRI || 12:00 PM |
|SAT||12:00 PM | 5:30 PM|
Fortress (R) January 31 - February 5
2:20 PM | 6:50 PM|
|TUE || 2:20 PM|
12:00 PM | 4:30 PM|
|03 February||THU || 12:00 PM|
|04 February||FRI|| 2:20 PM|
|05 February||SAT|| 2:20 PM | 6:50 PM|
Encanto (PG) January 31- February 5
|31 January||MON ||12:00 PM | 4:30 PM|
|02 February||WED|| 2:10 PM | 6:40 PM|
|03 February||THU|| 2:10 PM|
|04 February||FRI ||
12:00 PM |
|05 February||SAT||12:00 PM | 4:30 PM |
The Show Can Go On!
The Discovery Community Theatre is an indoor theatre venue where you can host seminars and shows. For reservations please contact
- A ticket (available at the Ticketing booth) must be purchased to enter the Cinema to watch a movie
- Cinema doors open one (1) hour before the first screening of the day
- Tickets sell for SAR 10.00 (VAT Inclusive). Free admission for children aged 2 and below.
- Cinema doors will close 10 minutes after the movie starts.
- Admittance to movies is based strictly on the age rating for that movie – NO EXCEPTIONS. Please refer to signs in the Cinema for more information.
- Video recording or photography is NOT permitted in the cinema.
- All mobile devices must be switched OFF during the movie.
Phone: 808-6528 (From a KAUST Phone)
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights
Al Marsa Amphitheatre
KAUST is bringing back the magic of the Outdoor Cinema!
Join us at the Al Marsa Amphitheatre for a cinematic experience under the stars. Iconic flicks will be projected onto a big screen with surround sound and views of the Beacon, creating a true cinematic experience. The Outdoor Cinema is only available for a limited time, during the cooler winter months – make sure to enjoy it while you can!
What to expect:
- Seating options – choose to sit on chairs or floor-style seating which will be provided (until supplies last). Alternatively, feel free to bring your own seating – for instance you could bring a bean bag, camping chair, or beach lounger
- Snack and refreshments are available from our food station
- Candle-lit mood lighting for a truly unique experience
- The price is only 10 SAR per person
- Pre-booking is not required – just show up!
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Cinema Schedule (January 25, 27, 28)
| 25 January|| TUESDAY || 6:30 PM|
| 27 January|| THURSDAY|| 6:30 PM|
| 28 January|| FRIDAY|| 6:30 PM|
House of Gucci (Rated R)
|25 January|| TUESDAY || 8:50 PM |
|27 January|| THURSDAY|| 8:50 PM|
| 28 January || FRIDAY|| 8:50 PM|