Provision of the Services:
KAUST had hired SMSA Express and Transportation Co. to deliver the Material Management Logistics Services covering the management of the KAUST Warehouse (Receiving/Issuing), Residential Furniture Operations and Logistics Support Operations within KAUST premises as well as other additional services. The Material Management Services cover the following functions:
- Purchase Orders Management:
- Receiving and Distribution Services of KAUST Purchase Orders raised by different end-users/departments.
- Claim management to return/report any discrepancy/damages with the PO shipments.
- Residential Furniture Operations:
- Movement Services of KAUST residential furniture between housing units.
- Removal and Replacement of KAUST residential furniture at a housing unit.
- Managing the residential furniture inventory list of each housing unit.
- Logistics Support Operations:
- Transfer of KAUST residents between two (2) different housing locations.
- Assisting KAUST events.
- Supporting KAUST office movement. Intra-transfers within the same office/level/building are excluded.
- Additional Services:
- Excess Movement Services.
- Residents' Furniture Services.
Presence & Contact Information:
SMSA's operations team is available at the General Warehouse and the Goods Transfer Building (GTB) to provide Material Management Logistics Services. The team is operating seven (7) days a week from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. To request the Material Management Services, kindly contact FC helpdesk (the main KAUST helpdesk). Yet, you can also communicate with MM helpdesk on:
- E-mail: mm.helpdesk@KAUST.EDU.SA
- Landline: 8086561
Removing Furniture From Homes
Delivering Furniture To Homes
For more information and details, you are kindly requested to check the Material Management Logistics Services guidelines here.