The Community Arabic Program aims to introduce expat community members to the rich language and culture of Saudi Arabia and teach participants to understand and speak the colloquial Arabic of the Hejaz region, as well as read and write the Arabic language.
The program aims to build a bridge between the expats at KAUST and the Saudi locals. It enables them to communicate in restaurants, taxi’s, at the airport, and on many other occasions in their day to day lives.
CAP is a six-level program that starts with level 1 (non-speakers) and goes up to level 6. Those who complete all levels will speak, read and write fluent Arabic.
Our CAP teaching methods are based on interaction, roleplaying and group discussions that make learning fun and the study material easier to grasp.
Classes are available during the day as well as at evening time to accommodate both working and non-working community members.
RegistrationThe current semester started on November 10, 2019, and will run until January 23, 2020. The program will pause during Winter break (from December 22 until January 9) - after the break, the program will resume as per the regular schedule.
The next semester starts on January 26 and will run until March 19, 2020.
- Adult course: 800 SAR for 8 weeks (16 classes)
- Reading/Writing course: 400 SAR for 8 weeks (16 classes)
- Children's course: 400 SAR for 8 weeks (16 classes)
- NEW Kids' PLUS+ course: 1200 SAR for 8 weeks (40 classes; every day from Sunday to Thursday)
Terms & Conditions
By registering for the Arabic Program, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
- All classes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All registrations must be made using the registration form.
- Payment at Harbor Sports Club is required before attending the first class.
- Classes with an enrollment of 4 or fewer may be subject to a change in times, combined with another class, or canceled.
- Please ensure to arrive 5-10 minutes before the start time of your class.
Online Community Arabic Program Registration