Playland, our four-story indoor kids play area, is ready to re-open on May 8, just in time for the warmer months! Playland is located at the Island Recreation Center, where children can climb, crawl, slide and scramble while making new friends in a fun and safe environment. To comply with COVID-19 safety measures and keep your children safe, new rules apply and advanced booking is required.
- 5 SAR per child per 2-hour session
- Age group: 4- 8 years old only
- Limited spaces available, maximum 8 kids per session
- Booking is required to be made up to 2 days in advance.
To book, contact: 012-808-6614
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Wednesday and Sunday. CLOSED
Updated Playland Guidelines
Everyone using the space must abide by the rules:
- To ensure a safe play environment for young children, the age range is from 4 to 8 years.
- Parents/guardians must remain with and be responsible for their children inside the designated Playland area at all times.
- Face coverings to be worn at all times.
- If anyone in the household feels unwell, they must seek medical attention and not attend Playland.
- Current physical distance to be followed by Parents/Guardians at all times.
- Parents/Guardians are advised to bring spare face coverings.
- Everyone must hand sanitize upon entry to Playland.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in Playland. Drinks can be consumed in the seating area outside of the IRC Playland/Arena.
- Shoes are not permitted inside Playland.
- Kids must wear socks at all-time inside Playland.
- KAUST and Coastline are not responsible for any lost items.
- Sharp or glass objects are not allowed inside the Playland.
- No rough playing or fighting allowed.
- All Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines must be followed.
- This space is being offered at the request of the community. Please ensure the success of this initiative by adhering to the above rules.
We are all in this together
Keeping Playland open is ultimately up to you.
Playland guidelines are in place so that the facility can be enjoyed again. If you or your child are unable to comply with these safety rules, it's best that you refrain from use of Playland. Please also understand that even though we have guidelines in place, sharing high-touch equipment still poses a risk to contracting COVID-19.
Your cooperation and support for this re-opening of Playland trial can lead to further positive changes. Extending Playland operational hours and re-opening facilities such as the Soft Play Area at the Racquet Club are currently under review, pending a successful re-opening of Playland. Thank you for doing your part with following the rules for yours and everyone's safety.
All Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines must be followed.
Have fun and play safe!