As part of the KAUST Testing Plan and following the recent COVID-19 Screening Program, KAUST will now be hosting a COVID-19 Antibody Testing Program.
The antibody testing will enable individuals to identify whether they have previously been exposed to the COVID-19 virus by determining if antibodies are present in their system. It will also help to inform future decision making by providing important information about the recent exposure and prevalence of the virus in KAUST:
- learning about the total number of people that have been infected, including those infections that might have been missed; although the duration SARS-CoV-2 antibodies remain in the body is unknown which may limit the complete history
- providing a more complete estimate of how many residents experienced mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 illness
- identifying hot spots of the virus transmission
- potentially lowering the priority of antibody-positive individuals for the testing program
When and where:
KAUST will be utilizing a similar logistical process to that used for the COVID-19 Screening Program at KAUST Inn 1. There will be a drive through facility and pedestrian access and only one appointment booking will be required through the KAUST Booking System.
The testing will run from December 6th to December 16th.
This is a voluntary program although everyone is encouraged to participate as part of Keeping KAUST Safe!
- Eligibility: All
KAUST residents (including domestic helpers and children), non-resident KAUST
employees (including PTSA and CWF) are eligible to book
- Price: Testing is free of charge to you
- Method: Testing method will be CTK Biotech COVID-19 lateral flow rapid test (using a small finger stick blood sample)
- Timings: Book the day and time for testing that is convenient for you – testing will be available:
- December 6 to December 16, 5:15 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- December 12, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Testing will be conducted onsite at KAUST, via a drive-through and pedestrian service at KAUST Inn 1
- Testing positive: If the test is positive, you will be informed by the KAUST Health team within 48 hours of the test but no further action is necessary. There will be no requirement for any individual to quarantine as a result of these tests.
The deadline for booking your appointment is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 1.
We understand that some people may feel concerned about this antibody testing. However, we want to reassure you that the finger stick test is quick and simple and will be carried out by trained medical personnel who are adhering to all safety guidelines and have your comfort in mind.
Keeping KAUST safe continues to be our number one priority and this antibody testing event is another step towards our common goal of returning to a "new normal."
For more details about the program, how to make a booking and FAQs, please visit the COVID-19 Antibody Testing page on the KAUST Health website.
We appreciate your support for this program and cooperation in Keeping KAUST Safe.
Director, KAUST Health