To support our youngest community members and in-line with the recent move to Tier 1B of the Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines, four community playgrounds are open as of Thursday, April 29. Playgrounds will be monitored, and non-compliance to safety guidelines will result in further closures. Keeping the parks open is up to the community and the decisions you and your family make in following these guidelines.
Places to play, learn, and socialize
These playgrounds lead the way in modern play environments, encouraging outdoor play, engaging imagination, and bringing children of all abilities together. They also feature shaded areas to protect your little ones on sunny days, and lighting so the fun can continue even after the sun goes down.
From Safety Town, with its rubberized road markings teaching road safety, to Haven with its sandy base to support a safe and engaging play environment, the playgrounds all have their a unique style, designed to offer a safe and fun environment for kids to play, learn, and socialize.
- Safety Town Playground- located in the Gardens Neighborhood at the intersection of Gazelle Lane and Raspberry Lane in Thuwal Garden Park
- Gardens Playground- located in the Gardens Neighborhood, between the Gardens Mosque and the Racquet Club.
- Haven Playground- located in Thuwal Park, close to the corner of Exploration Avenue and Discovery Boulevard.
- Orange Park- Located in Zone 1 in The Palms Neighborhood
NEW: Parental Responsibility in Playgrounds
- Children under 8 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (i.e., parent, helper, guardian) at all times.
- The supervising adult may supervise a maximum of three children.
- Use of the playground is at the parent or guardian's risk. KAUST is not responsible for any injuries or damage to property.
Keeping KAUST Safe
For an enjoyable and safe experience at KAUST playgrounds, please follow the below playground safety tips and Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines.
- Face coverings are required at all times in playground areas. Children under 2 years of age are exempt – Learn more
- Everyone must maintain proper physical distance and wait their turn to use play areas
- Guardians are responsible for ensuring children are following Keeping KAUST Safe Guidelines. They should instruct their children not to touch their faces, not to put their mouths on equipment or hands in their mouths
- Limit your time at the playground. If the playground you normally visit is busy, find another one to use
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Use hand sanitizer or wipes frequently
We are all in this together
Playground rules are in place so that families can enjoy our playgrounds again. If you or your child are unable to comply with these safety rules, it's best that you refrain from use of the playground areas. Please also understand that even though we have guidelines in place, sharing high-touch equipment still poses a risk to contracting COVID-19.
Keeping these playgrounds open is ultimately up to you. Thank you for doing your part with following the rules for your safety and everyone's safety.
Please play safe!
Vice President, Community Life