Recreation Hours |
Retail Hours |
Coffee Shop Hours |
Campus and Facility Diners |
Other small food outlets |
KAUST Health |
During the holy month of Ramadan, Community Life facilities and services operate on a slightly amended schedule. Below are our
Ramadan hours for Recreation, KAUST Health, Transportation, Food & Retail, and more.
Many of our restaurants have special iftar promotions during the month of Ramadan. These are also included in the information below.
For people who are not fasting, food and restaurant options that are opened at lunchtime have been listed in
This information is updated regularly, so check back often.
- Island Recreation Club: 6:00 A.M.- 11:00 P.M. (Pool closes 15 minutes before the facility)
- Harbor Sports Club: 8:00 A.M. – 1:00 A.M. (Pool closes 15 minutes before the facility)
- Racquet Club: 8:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Campus Gyms: Sunday - Thursday 6:00 A.M.- 9:00 P.M. Friday and Saturday 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Astro pitches will stay open until 12:30 A.M. (last booking 11:30 P.M.)
- Harbor Library: 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 A.M. Fridays- closed
- Class schedule changes:
View the Get Active Calendar
- South Beach Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Thursday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- South Beach will be closed on Sundays
- Ladies Day: April 12, 26, and May 10
- Safaa Golf Club – Monday to Saturday: 6:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Discovery Theater – normal operating hours at Cinema. Check the schedule
- Tamimi Supermarket: 7:00 A.M.– 12:00 A.M.
- Discovery Square Tamimi Mini-market: 7:00 A.M.– 12:00 A.M.
- Oasis Mini Market: 7:00 A.M.– 11:00 P.M.
- Banaweer: 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. & from 8:00 P.M. – 12:00 A.M.
- Giordano: Sunday to Saturday: 5:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.
- Greens Shop: 12 noon – 11:00 P.M.
- Barber and Beauty Salon: 2:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M. (closed Sundays)
- Pharmacy: 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. And 9:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.
- Vet Clinic: Tuesdays 10:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- SABB: from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- SAMBA: from 10:30 A.M. to 3.30 P.M.
- Teen Space: Starting April, 18
- Tuesday: 7.00 P.M. – 10.00 P.M. (Grades 7-9)
- Wednesday: 7.00 P.M. – 10.00 P.M.(Grades 7-12)
- Thursday: 7.00 P.M. – 11.00 P.M. (Grades 10-12)
- Friday: 7.00 P.M. – 11.00 P.M. (Grades 7-12)
- Saturday: 7.00 P.M. – 10.00 P.M. (Grades 10-12)
Coffee Shop Hours
- Coffee Bean at Discovery Square: 4:00 P.M. - 1:00 A.M. Coffee Bean is also offering 15% discount for all Food & Beverage during Ramadan.
- Starbucks: 6:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M.
- Saadeddin: 1:00 P.M. – 11:00 P.M.
- American Bagel: 9:00 A.M -3:00 P.M.
- Dia's Café: 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
- Baskin Robbins: 5:00 P.M.to 2:00 A.M.
- Coffee Bean at Building 16 and Innovation Cluster: closed
- Jeffreys: closed
- Cozy Café (KAUST Inn II): Closed
- Ice Cream Van: not operating
Campus and Facility Diners
- Campus Diner: 24 hours (Iftar 6:30 P.M. – 9:30 P.M. and Suhoor 2:00 A.M. – 3:30 A.M.) Find out more about the
Iftar Buffet menu,
BBQ menu, and
- Facility Diner: open only for lunch 11:00 A.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Other food outlets
- All food outlets along the University Spine will be closed, except Lion's Share, Subway & American Bagel
- Lion's Share: 11:30 A.M.. – 5:30 P.M. Ramadan monthly meal plan & Special Ramadan box
- Subway: Sunday to Thursday 4:00 P.M. – 2:00 A.M. Ramadan offers for Subway: 6 inch sub meal for 19 SAR( Any 6inch sub + Lipton ice tea can or any can drink or water + 1 potato wedges medium) and Sandwich Platter meal @99 SAR (Sandwich Platter + 4 Lipton ice tea cans or 4 any can drink or 4 water + 4 potato wedges medium)
- Ya Hala: 5:00 P.M. to 12:00 midnight
- Tawabil : 2:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Halwani: 3:00 P.M. – 12:00 A.M.
Vera Pizza: Open for dine in from 12:00 noon to 11:00 P.M.
- Smoked Ash: 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.. then 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. and 9:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
- Domino's Pizza: 3:30 P.M. – 1:00 A.M.
- Burger King: 3:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. and Delivery: 3:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.
China Bistro: Open for dine in from 12:00 noon to 2:00 P.M. and from 6:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M.
- Island Recreation Center Deli Shop: 2:00 P.M. –11:00 P.M.
- Pure: 5:00 P.M. – 11:00 P.M. ( Iftar 6:30 P.M. – 9:30 P.M.)
Harbor Club Al Fresco Restaurant: 11:30 A.M. – 11:00 P.M. ( Iftar 6:30 P.M. – 9:30 P.M.)
10th Hole : Open for dine in from 11:30 A.M. – 11:00 P.M. and for Iftar 6:30 P.M. – 9:30 P.M.
Steak Seven: 11:30 A.M. – 11:00 P.M. ( Iftar 6:30 P.M. – 9:30 P.M.)
- Al Marsa: 6:00 P.M. – 1:00 A.M . Experience Ramadan with
Al Marsa signature Iftar buffet in a traditional atmosphere at Al-Marsa Restaurant, every day during Ramadan Check the
Iftar Menu here.
- As always, the 911 emergency response and the Emergency Department operate 24/7
- Clinic hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday through Thursday
- Dental specialists, Ophthalmology and Pediatrics are available on Saturdays
Clinic hours in Jeddah during Ramadan
Patients are advised to check with their
specific clinic for exact opening times. The hospitals are open during the below times:
The Work Haul Bus and Jeddah Medical buses DSFMC, My Clinic, DSFH & IMC schedules have been adjusted and are available on the Bus Services page.
Check out our Ramadan Lounge and festive iftar locations! Community Life is pleased to offer a range of spaces for the community during the holy month of Ramadan, in the Amphitheater, Discovery square and Harbor Walk.