As the summer break approaches, we have prepared a checklist of simple actions to take to protect your things both when you’re at KAUST and when you’re traveling. These simple but effective tips will go a long way in keeping your home and belongings safe and secure and seek to ensure that you have peace of mind while you are away. They also seek to ensure that you have peace of mind, especially in the event of any extension to your time away.
- Lock your windows and doors when you leave the house.
- Store and secure valuables inside your home, away from the front door, and out of sight of windows.
- Whilst at work, keep your wallet, purse, or other valuable items with you or locked away in a drawer or closet. Never leave valuable items out on your desk or workstations.
- Always lock your bike.
- Never leave the key in the ignition of your car, golf cart, or scooter.
Before You Travel:
- Assign a caretaker for your home or pet, using the Caretaker Authorization Form.
- Close all angle valves in your home to ensure no water leaks from the internal plumbing system. They are typically located near sinks, bidets, and hand sprays.
- Set your air conditioning to 26°C (78.8°F) to avoid condensation and prevent formation and growth of mold.
- Switch off the water heater electrical circuit breaker to prevent any excessive temperature and pressure build up in the water heater tank. This is located inside the distribution board panel in houses and villas.
- Switch off your stove and other non-essential electrical appliances and unplug them at the wall.
- Leave floor drains in all wet areas uncovered including toilets, kitchen, washroom, laundry room and water heater room, to prevent flooding in the event of a leak.
- Close curtains to enhance security.
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked, including the door to the roof access.
- Arrange the upkeep of your backyard by calling 959 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have difficulty locating or working any of the features outlined above, please contact 959 from a landline or 012 808-0959 from a mobile phone.
For more information on KAUST Security:
For more information on KAUST Housing:
Thank you in advance for your commitment to protecting your home and safeguarding your belongings.