Overcrowding at Playgrounds
Posted on Jan 19, 2021
The current excellent weather and the exciting new Gardens Playground has led to persistent overcrowding. We need your help and support to prevent this from happening. To ensure continued public safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, and prevent the closure of our playgrounds, we must stress that following the Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines
This means that everyone must wear a mask whenever distancing can’t be maintained such as at the new Gardens Playground during peak times. Everyone must maintain proper distance and wait their turn to use play areas.
Failure to observe these guidelines could lead to the spread of COVID19 within our community. While gatherings are allowed, it is recommended that the community take a practical approach to ensure an enjoyable and safe play experience for all.
- Parents should keep an eye on their children at all times. Limit your time at the playground
- If the playground you normally visit is busy, stay safe by finding another one to use
- Physical distancing should be maintained
- Do not use outdoor playgrounds when sick or feeling ill
- Face coverings are required in all outdoor activities when physical distancing cannot be maintained/achieved. Children under 2 years of age are exempt – Learn more
- Cover cough or sneezes
- Wipe down touch points (e.g., handles) with sanitizer wipes before use
- Bring hand sanitizer or wipes to clean children’s hands frequently
- Instruct your children not to touch their faces, not to put their mouths on equipment or hands in their mouths
At present time KAUST is making outdoor facilities accessible (TIER 2
) for residents to use. However, if this continues to be a higher risk to the community, we will close specific facilities to protect KAUST
Please remember, be the change you want to see and support our community by educating each other to Keep KAUST Safe.
© 2020 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. All rights reserved.