Food plays a significant part in our lives. We spend considerable time thinking about what to eat and enjoying meals with friends. But some people find it challenging to have a healthy relationship with food.
KAUST Health is offering KAUST employees and/or KAUST residents over 18 years of age eight sessions on 'Reconcile with Food". This program is a weekly group of interactive sessions that will support you in endeavors to improve your eating style.
The program is for you if you experience any of the following:
- Diet from time to time to gain or lose weight.
- Restrict the amount of food you eat.
- Get out of control: eat more than you need then feel guilty.
- Use food to soothe your emotions when you are anxious, angry or sad.
About the program
- By the end of this two-month program, participants should be able to:
- Understand their food urges and triggers.
- Know how to identify the underlying causes of their eating habits.
- Develop sustainable and innovative skills and activities to deal with emotions, beliefs, and motives that generate problematic eating habits
How it works
The program will be one group of around 15 participants, selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. We request that you commit to the eight sessions to ensure that you and the other participants get as much out of the program as possible.
Timing and venue
The program sessions will be between February 24 and April 13, 2020.
The sessions will take place in building 16, level 3. Room 3217 every Monday from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
The program is opened to KAUST employees and/or KAUST residents over 18 years of age by Community Life and driven by KAUST Health.
Please register here: Reconcile with Food Registration Form
The deadline to apply is February 16.
All survey respondents will be contacted on February 18 to confirm if your program registration has been accepted.
If you have any questions about the program or registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.