Eid Mubarak! Eid al-Adha is expected to commence on August 11. Community Life facilities and services will generally operate on their regular schedule. Exceptions are listed below:
- As always, 911 emergency response and the Emergency Department operate 24/7.
- Saturday, August 10 through Tuesday, August 13: Closed
- Wednesday, August 14 and Thursday, August 15: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Learn more
- South Beach: Sunday, August 11 is family day – 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Ladies Day is cancelled for Eid).
- Bowling Alley: Open 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. daily. First hour free!
Community retail and restaurants
- Vet Clinic: Closed August 7 through 16. More info.
- Vera Pizza: 1st day of Eid only: Open 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Otherwise operating normal hours.
- Halwani Cuisine: 1st day of Eid only: Open 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Otherwise operating normal hours.
- Dr. Saud Pharmacy: 1st day of Eid only: Open 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Otherwise operating normal hours.
- Barber Shop and Salon: Closed 1st and 2nd day of Eid.
On-campus retail and restaurants
Unlike in the community, most on-campus restaurants are closed for Eid, except:
- Dia’s Café – Closed 1st day of Eid through August 17
- American Bagel - Closed 1st day of Eid through August 17
- Joffery’s: Open Sunday – Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
If you're staying at KAUST over the Eid holiday, please check out our exciting Eid Staycation activities. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Director, Community Services & Engagement