Pets are welcome members of the family in many KAUST homes. In an effort to support healthy pets, healthy families, and a healthy community, pet ownership at KAUST is regulated.
- Required registration and annual re-registration of pets
- Maximum number and types of permitted pets
- Pet import and final exit information
- Pet owner responsibilities relating to pet behavior
- Handling of lost and trapped pets
- Rehoming of pets
- And more…
If you are planning to adopt a pet, please be aware that only some species are allowed in the community, and all pets must be registered within 5 days of arriving at KAUST. Animals that are found not to be registered may be treated as strays.
We’re listening and adapting based on your feedback
We’ve also been undertaking a listening and learning campaign to gather community feedback and ideas related to pets. During the recent Pet Owner Forum
, we shared that feedback and other information from Community Life, Pest Control, the Vet, and community members, and took on board community ideas for improving life for pets and their owners. You can view the slides from this event
Additional information for pet owners
- How to register your pet
- Vet and grooming services
- Information relating to the dog run – including new shading and seating for dog owners!
Still looking for more? We’re here to help!
- Contact the Petcare Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
This email address is for pet-related comments, questions, and concerns.
- Lost Pets: 012 808 0959
For any concerns related to lost pets, please contact the 959 Helpdesk for support.
Thank you for your commitment to supporting a safe and inviting environment for everyone at KAUST.
Director, Community Services & Engagement