The two-week Winter Enrichment Program (WEP) will return in 2020 from January 12 to 23 under the theme ‘Personalized Medicine.’ This program will be Chaired by Professor Niveen M. Khashab and co-Chaired by Professor Khaled Nabil Salama. WEP results from selected proposals submitted by the KAUST community. The WEP committee would like to invite everyone at KAUST to submit a theme-related proposal(s) by Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. We are eager to receive your suggestions; be creative! If needed, the Enrichment Programs Team will assist with your proposal submission; email us at email@example.com.
About the theme ‘Personalized Medicine’
Personalized medicine is the natural progression of medicine and science, that aims at tailoring practices, interactions, and medicine to the individual patient. We must work to ensure that the best medicine is provided to the correct patient for treating and potentially preventing critical illnesses. How is personalized medicine going to impact your personal life?
WEP 2020 will focus on the following broad areas:
- The future of medicine: how can we leverage current science and technology to implement customized treatments, drugs, applications, and biotechnology?
- The use of personalized medicine and genetic information in security, biology, AI, technology, science.
- The economic impact of personalized medicine and technology and how does it fit in the vision 2030.
- The impact of culture, ethics, and the environment on personal health.
- New trends on well-being and lifestyle.
How to submit your proposal(s)
Submit your proposal(s) at wepproposals.kaust.edu.sa. This website provides further information on what is a WEP proposal, the different formats, what is the requested information, what is the review process, and more. Deadline for submissions: Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. For more information about WEP, email the Enrichment Team, visit the Enrichment website, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Discover more about the WEP experience from our colleagues!