As part of the Bike
Week 2021 event, we will be holding the annual bike road race and family bike ride. The booking link is now open. Limited spaces available – save your spot today!
Date: Friday, November 26
The event will be held at Discovery Square. This includes the start and finish lines as well as the winner's announcement that will start at 10:30 A.M.
Bike Road Race
The registration and numbering for the bike race will start at 6:15 A.M.
The 20-km and 60-km road races will begin at 6:45 A.M. in three categories:
- Elite cyclists - 60 km (three laps of the route on picture 1)
- Sport cyclists – 20 km
- Recreation and under 16's cyclists – 20 km
The recreation cyclists and under 16's category is designed for the age group between 12 and 16 years old.
Picture 1. The yellow track for the bike road race. Start and finish line at Discovery Square. The route runs towards the King Abdullah Monument and back.
Family Bike Ride
invite all participants to arrive at 9:00
A.M. The family bike ride is 6 km long and will start at 9:30 A.M.
Registered family members should cycle together during the family bike ride. All participants aged 15 and under should be supervised by an adult.
Picture 2. The yellow track for the family bike ride. Start and finish line at Discovery Square. The route runs towards the Island neighborhood and back.
- Registration is available now and works on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Limited spaces available for the bike road race of up to 100 participants for each category
- The family bike ride is open to everyone and online registration is required
- Reserve your spot today at the Bike road race and family bike ride form
- The booking system will close on Wednesday, November 24 at 2:00 P.M.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bike Week 2021 will take place from Sunday, November 21 to Thursday, November 26, and offers a range of activities to raise awareness of the many benefits of cycling – not just for you, but for our planet.
For more information about this event, please go to the KAUST Bike Week page.
Initiated by Health, Safety and Environment, Community Life, and the KAUST Sustainability for everyone in the community to enjoy, get active, and promote a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
We are wishing all participants a great bike race and ride!