Halloween is just around the corner and is a fun time of year for kids (and kids at heart) to get a chance to dress up, decorate, carve pumpkins, and share in some spooky fun! Here are all the fun ways you can get involved:
Wednesday, October 27
5:00 – 7:00 P.M.
International Arboretum – here's a map
Check out the KAUST pumpkin patch! Pumpkins will be available for sale at the gazebo in the newly updated International Arboretum (formerly Flag Park).
Costume Night at Discovery Cinema
Saturday, October 30
5:50 P.M. screening of Addams Family
Experience a special Halloween treat brought to you by Discovery Cinema!
Come dressed up in costume on 30 October 2021 for the 5:50 P.M. screening of "The Addams Family 2" and enjoy free entry and treats! (until tickets and supplies last)
Capture your great look at the photo booth that will be up and running at these times:
- 4:50-5:50 P.M.
- 7:30-8:30 P.M.
The first print is free, and any additional prints will cost SAR 5 each.
We look forward to welcoming you to this spooktacular event!
Sunday, October 31
6:00 – 8:00 P.M.
At participating houses
How to participate:
If you plan to participate, we recommend participating in both of the following ways.
- Hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. The children will come to your home and say "trick-or-treat". You can admire their costumes and give them a piece of candy. To indicate that your house is participating, please:
- Set up a table in front of your home to hand out candy or put decorations outside so children know to knock on your door.
- Register to have your house added to the Trick-or-Treat map
2. Take your children house-to-house to trick-or-treat. Encourage your children to wear a costume and visit participating houses. The children say "trick-or-treat!"
and they will hopefully receive some candy.
To identify participating houses, use the map which will be posted here before Halloween.
For questions about Trick-or-Treat, please contact Samagi.email@example.com
Thank you to the community volunteers who have taken active roles in facilitating this event.
Important note about safety:
Please remember that when physical distancing guidelines cannot be followed, mask use is mandatory. Please also use extra caution on the roads on the evening of October 31. Both trick-or-treaters and road users need to be extra mindful in the dark.
Submit your best Halloween photos to GetEngaged@kaust.edu.sa by November 2 for a chance to win small prizes. All contest submissions must have some evidence that the photo was taken at KAUST, for instance in front of a recognizable location or with something distinctively KAUST included – be creative!
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
- Halloween Costume – Share a photo of your creative costumes!
- Pumpkin Carving - Share a photo of your best pumpkin carvings!
- Decorations – Share your best household Halloween decorations!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.