Are you planning to stay at KAUST during the upcoming Fall Break? Fall break for University students is October 18-19 and The KAUST School fall break is October 25-29. There will be lots to keep you busy!
Staycation anytime at KAUST:
These regularly-offered activities will make your staycation feel like a vacation:
Halloween is October 31! Join the best spooky decorated house competition, best Halloween costume, community trick-or-treat, and much more. Learn More.
Camping out at South Beach
It's magical to sleep under the stars! If you have your own tent and want to go camping at South Beach, we are offering camping pitches during the break. To book a spot, complete the booking form with your contact information and the date(s) you would like to camp.
Island Treasure Hunt
Go on a Treasure Hunt across the Island at KAUST! One lucky winner will win a prize. Take the Island Treasure Hunt Challenge
Express your passion through dance! Current classes include:
- Dancercise with Mili on Mondays and Thursdays
- Indian with Justine on Sundays
- Contemporary with Aleona on Sundays
Learn more about the Movement Club and review the Team Up Calendar for class times.
KAUST Fishing Club
Friday 30th and Saturday 31st October: 2 Day Fishing Competition – Details are:
- Who: KAUST Fishing Club Members only – sign up here.
- Start Time: Friday 30th @ 6 A.M.
- Finish Time: Saturday 31st @ 6P.M.
- Location: All approved fishing areas in KAUST – map here
- Prizes: 4 categories – Biggest Fish, Most Fish, Smallest Fish, and Best Catch and Release Video. 250 SAR voucher for Tamimi or Coastline for each category.
Small Print: This is a 2-day event in order to allow more flexibility to people who need it. Feel free to fish anytime between the stated fishing times and as often or as little as you want. More specific details such as registration for the event will be communicated via the club social media pages. In order to join these pages, please sign up as a club member on the link above.
Family Cooking Competition
Cook up a healthy family favorite! Take a picture and share your recipe with email@example.com – prizes for the winning entries.
Community Life Communication Survey
Let us know what you like and what can be
improved with relation to Community Life communication efforts. Take our
Communication and outreach survey.
Program for Teens
- Teen Space - The Teen Space is offering programming, projects, and other activities that will engage teens within a safe and friendly environment during the break. Learn more. For registration click here.
- Keep Active At KAUST – There are outdoor basketball, badminton, tennis, and free bowling sessions for 15 to 18 year-olds, Sunday, October 11 to Sunday, November 1 from 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Learn more.
Program for Children
- Children's Center - Even though the Children's Center follows the school calendar, this year, KAUST Children's Center decided to keep its program running during the fall break to better help working parents of registered children. They are offering a week of fun activities during the fall break from 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. for children who are enrolled in the program in October. If you wish to enroll your child in the KAUST Children's Center, review the Information Sheet.
- Budding Genius - Minimum 10 students per class and classes will only go ahead if there are 10 sign-up from KAUST. Register directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Role Models – online workshops covering collaboration, confidence, growth mindset, leadership, problem-solving, and resilience. Type KAUST 20 to get a 20% discount on the price.
Interested in discovering Saudi?
Government Affairs is offering special local leisure and recreational tours for our community. Learn more.
Tour Companies for local tours
We hope you have a wonderful Fall Break!