Community Clubs | Red Sea Cyclists
Red Sea Cyclists Club is a community for cycling enthusiasts. We promote all forms of cycling within the KAUST Community for health, social, recreational and competitive purposes. Red Sea Cyclist Club ensures an enviornment empahsizing safety, responsible actions, good sportsmanship and self-discipline.
SAR 50 (One-time fee)
Membership dues pay for bike tools, maintenance of the bike trailer and rack that we use for group outings.
- Red Sea Cyclists Club supports members in matters related to cycling including maintenance and the acquistion of equipment.
- RSC members can use the club's tools and bike stands for repair and maintenance.
- RSC members can use the club's trailer and bike rack.
- RSC members get a discount on our annual bike shirts.
- RSC organizes club social activities.
- Regular MTB outrides on Friday early mornings.
- RSC supports Community open day, bike week and GCC.
Many members ride around campus on their own or in small, self-organized groups.
Road biking activities:
- The road cyclists normally meet on Monday and Wednesday mornings. They depart from the Gas Station at 5:15 am sharp. The route is approximately 30km and takes around one hour. The group will start and finish at the Gas Station. Often the starting group will form smaller groups, depending on fitness and ability.
- For beginner road cyclists, or cyclists who have not been riding for some time, please contact Rosemary by email who will meet you and discuss the set-up, prior to your first road-ride and the regular meetings.
- Occassionally more social rides out of the campus.
- Scheduled campus rides: Tuesdays, 17:40 (October – April) or 18:00 (May – September) from HSC.
- You will need to have a functioning mountain bike (particularly functioning brakes) since we go off road on campus.
- Remember: No helmet-no ride. Bring bike lights and water.
- Occasional MTB family-fun-outrides during winter.
RSC organizes rides to local competitions.